Saturday, March 8, 2008

Orientation?

Hello from Croatia.


This is the entrance to ACMT showing the time at RIT and the time at ACMT and also flags of Croatia, USA, and RIT.

Not too much happened today. Orientation at ACMT was just quick intros and a short tour. We went to a coffee shop to sit and have a drink. I got hot chocolate which is a lot like hot pudding. It was really good but no as sweet as I expected. Coffee here is just a tiny tiny cup.

Weather was kinda miserable. Very rainy, when we got home my shoes and the bottom of my pants were soaked. They say it's usually sunny at this time of year, I'm looking forward to more sun.

Kyle, Brad and I picked up our bus passes, mine has an awesomely bad picture on it.


The others dropped off their applications for bus passes. The bus passes for students are subsidized by the Croatian government. We get them for 80 kunas a month, or about $17 for unlimited bus use. Technically only Croatian citizens are supposed to get subsidized bus passes but since ACMT is well respected in the city they make an exception for us. Croatian students also get subsidized meal vouchers but we don't get that, but we are allowed to buy them off of other students who don't use all of theirs.
This was a really sweet cat at the bus kiosk/newsstand. He sat in my lap. Zoran says there are a lot of friendly strays around.

My sleeping still isn't back to normal yet, so I hope I'll be on a normal sleeping schedule very soon. The most annoying thing about being here so far is when I type in google.com and I type from the Firefox search bar, I get redirected to Google Hrvatska which is google.hr. I know I can set a personalized Google homepage, but I don't want to.

If you are wondering what Hrvatska is, its "Croatia" in the Croatian language or officially, Republika Hrvatska or the Republic of Croatia.

1 comment:

Bloggy Blog said...

good pictures! that cat looked a little sick to me. lol