Thursday, March 6, 2008

All Settled + Pictures

Since my last post Kyle Brad and I have just been chilling mostly. We have gone for a few walks an we got some pizza and went to a cafe for tea and hot chocolate and some groceries. The pizza was really super good! I've been walking a lot since arriving at Dubrovnik.

Today the rest of the students from the program arrived, except for 3 photo students, two missed a flight and the other isn't scheduled to arrive until tomorrow. We are computer science students and photo students, I met the photo students for the first time today. There was a lot of excitement, introductions, and talking. We all walked to the market and got some groceries. One of the photo students, Zoran (no relation to the Zoran who picked me up from the airport) is actually Croatian and he helped some people with getting groceries, translating some words. Once we all got back to the place we are living, I changed apartments, the one I was in was only temporary until the others arrived. Leah and I are sharing a room and Brad is in the single bedroom in our apartment. Others are in other apartments in the same building.

After we got back to the apartments we ate dinner consisting of grilled cheese sandwiches and yogurt. Everyone pretty much ate together. After dinner we all unpacked (finally!) and played some cards.

Tomorrow the Zoran who picked us up from the airport is going to pick us up at 10:00 and we have orientation at ACMT.

Here's some pictures so far:
Crazy European headphones that Lufthansa gave me for their inflight movie.


I thought this was really cool, they had the location of the plane plus information about altitude, temperature, time at destination, etc . This was my flight from Philadelphia to Frankfurt.


I was really really really tired by this point... Also on the flight from Philly to Frankfurt.


The pepper cookie and some water I got on Croatian Airlines.


My side of the room...


Leah's side of the room.

Our kitchen


Our living room + Brad + laptops.


Our balcony.


The view from our balcony

2 comments:

Bloggy Blog said...

looks really cool. I never would have guessed it. Keep putting up some cool pictures! =)

magaroni said...

My flight to Ireland was very similar! I had the same weird headphones and the view of where were on the screen. Your apartment looks awesome!