Monday, March 17, 2008

Welcome Party?

Greetings from Republika Hrvatska.

My feet feel much better.

I spotted an an advertisement for our "welcome party" at ACMT. We went to said "welcome party" on Saturday night. There was nothing special about it, they just picked a random place and said it was our welcome party. The two guys who I went to their house on Thursday were our live entertainment, they were rapping. Even though rap isn't really my thing, I thought they were pretty good. The rest of it was kinda lame, there wasn't too many places to sit and the music was generally too loud for conversation. I didn't have too much to talk about anyway.

I left around 11 with a few others plus our new ACMT acquaintances we meet at Fresh. We went to get some food at this place called fast food Mrvica in old town. Here's the sign outside of it:
Fast food here means sandwiches, pizza, and dough products, no burgers or fries. I got some food that was like fried dough with cheese inside, it was pretty good. We then walked around for a bit. The ACMTers went to some club but the RIT people were tired and didn't want to stay out all night so we split and caught the last bus home. The last bus home is so crowded. We were packed in there like sardines.

Yesterday was by far the laziest day I've had so far here. I didn't do anything and I didn't leave the house. Felt kinda good to not have anything to do for a change. This morning I got up bright and early (ok, 10:00...) and went to class. Between classes Kyle, Chris, Tom, and I went to the path behind ACMT to wonder around and watch the sea. I got some great pictures but I'll upload them later, don't feel like it right now.


Adio!

No comments: