Monday, March 24, 2008

Laundry Pt. 3

Greetings from Dubrovnik.

Me on the city walls of Ston with the salt fields (or whatever you call them) in the background.

There has been a lot going on this past week.

The saga continues... The cleaning lady did finally come this week but not on schedule. When she came to my apartment I was sleeping and Brad told me to vacate so I went to the guy's apartment next door and slept on their couch. When I came back to my apartment I remembered that because I wasn't fully awake, I had forgot to put my laundry out for her to pick up. According to other people who got their apartments cleaned on Wed she didn't pick up people's laundry anyways, yet again. Clothes were not going to last me till the next week and I didn't feel like spending all day at Axel's house doing laundry, since his machines takes 2 hours a load. Today I did bathtub laundry again. I did a huge "load" of almost everything I brought to Croatia, since last time I only washed a few things. It took forever, at least an hour and a half and rinsing the clothes out wasted so much water. I was so tired after doing that again. I have a newfound appreciation of modern washing machines. My arms hurt just thinking about it.

Initially we were promised cleaning and laundry service as part of the rent, and were told over and over again that cleaning and laundry service will be provided, so I'm not just being lazy and want someone else to do my laundry for me. If they said you have to do your own laundry from the start nobody would be angry about the laundry situation. I'm not the only one who is mad, we all are not happy.

So I have a lot more pictures to post and stories to tell but it's 3:30am and I'm tired so adio for now, and I promise to put more pictures up tomorrow.

No comments: