Sunday, March 9, 2008

O Hai Gaise

Greetings from Croatia. This picture is not photoshopped even though it looks like it is. I was really there, at the old port.

The last few days have been very eventful. I feel like I've been here forever and it hasn't even been a week, mostly now because I am used to it. I lost my nose ring and if I don't get one very soon my piercing will close.

Yesterday Ian, Leah, Brad and I took a walk to old town which is like a 10 minute bus ride but we walked and only got slightly off track once. There was some impressive scenery along the way...
It was raining, I brought my trench coat and hat which are a light rain protector because I didn't bring an umbrella. I thought of bringing one before I left The States but my only umbrella is absolutely huge and does not travel well.

The old town is the historical part of Dubrovnik which is walled and really pretty. Here's the main entrance to the old town, Pile Gate. It is under construction right now though so it isn't as pretty.
Old town is right next to ACMT so I have a feeling I'll be going there often. In old town we got some icecream or it actually it was gelato, which is Italian icecream. The food here has a lot of Italian influences. The icecream was super good and only 7 kuna a cone.
Here's the streets in old town. Its really amazingly pretty...
From there we walked to the old port, which is part of the old town.
Right now the port is pretty empty compared to when tourist season starts and there are 6 cruise ships landing there every day, so I hear.
By the time we started walking home it was sunset...
After getting back home most of us went back out to a bar called Fresh in old town, this time we took the bus. Everyone we meet at Fresh was really really friendly.
Here is Chris, Teo, and Don at Fresh.

Excitement happened today too, but I'm too tired to talk about it right now so I'll post about it later. Tomorrow I start classes at ACMT. I can't believe break is over already! Those transcontinental flights really make break go by fast.

Uploading pictures to blogger takes forever, any way to upload them in batches?

1 comment:

Bloggy Blog said...

Those are some awesome pictures. Like I said before, I never would have guessed it would be so nice over there.