Friday, March 14, 2008

Laundry.

Everyday it seemed like we were losing the things in our apartment we were promised.

We were promised a cleaning lady who does our laundry. Well she never comes in and our landlord told us to do our own laundry. We talked to our representatives in the USA about the problem and so we had a meeting with a director at ACMT to discuss our issues.

Our landlord agreed to have the cleaning lady come and do our laundry starting next week. We were responsible for doing the laundry we had accumulated up until this point. Some of us went to Axel's house (Axel is our CS professor who came to Croatia with us) to do laundry. They were there for like 4 hours chilling with Axel and Mrs. Axel and they fed them dinner. Leah, Brad and I stayed home and did our laundry in the bathtub. Brad engineered an extra clothesline on our patio out of some Ethernet cables, a belt, and a laptop lock, since we only had one small clothesline that wasn't enough for all of our clothes. It was an awesome invention. So... I hate laundry, but I hate it more when I have to scrub my clothes myself in the bathtub. I didn't even do all of my laundry, I still have to do more.

They don't have dryers here. Everyone dries their clothes on a clothesline.

No comments: